[Samba] samba 4.12 build with gnuTLS on hp-ux

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 23 19:27:58 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-01-23 at 10:53 +0000, Kumar, Arjit (SSTO) via samba wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We are planning to build samba 4.12 (without AD DC) on hp-ux.

G'Day Arjit,

I wanted to say a big thanks to you and your team for the forward-
thinking to follow our release announcements.  It is great to hear from
our vendors with concerns at the start of our release candidate process
(rather than, as so often happens, a year or so after the release).

> Currently gnuTLS is not officially available on hp-ux.
> Is there any possible workaround available which enable us to openssl instead of gnuTLS ?

Sadly no, the GnuTLS API is not at all like the OpenSSL one and so
while both cryptographic APIs they can't be substituted for each other.
We require GnuTLS specifically.

> Latest gnuTLS requires minimum dependencies of nettle and gmp and have optional dependencies of libz, p11-kit, libidn and libtasn1.
> For building gnuTLS specifically for samba, What are minimum dependencies required for gnuTLS?

Peter's reply looks good in this regard, so I would go with those
instructions.

Thanks for reaching out!

Andrew Bartlett