[Samba] Change of DC name

Mario Codeniera mario.codeniera at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 03:24:21 UTC 2020

Thanks a heap, Rowland for explanations and got insights out of it, it's
working well however found out that there's one issue if change the realm
to 'sandbox.net' as we have an existing AD domain with the same name but
don't have access. Supposedly the plan will make SAMBA with 1-way-trust to
the existing Windows AD.

I contacted them to add an alias pointing to lumad.sandbox.net in our DNS
which works now.

nslookup
> set type=SRV
> _ldap._tcp.lumad.sandbox.net
Server:    192.168.2.2
Address:  192.168.2.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
_ldap._tcp.lumad.sandbox.net  service = 0 100 389
lumad-dc1.lumad.sandbox.net.

_tcp.lumad.sandbox.net  nameserver = lumad-dc1.sandbox.net.
lumad-dc1.sandbox.net  internet address = 192.168.254.254

Cheers,
Mario