[Samba] adam howto ? and is it safe to apply

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 22 19:18:24 UTC 2020

On 22/01/2020 19:01, Sérgio Basto via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like apply adam in samba 4.10 production environment , the
> background came from [1] where I found we can't set security = ads,
> backend = ad without adman (users without uidNumber and gidNumber) .

This isn't a Samba product, I suggest you contact the author directory.

I fixed my problem with his gitlab page, my adblocker was blocking parts
of it ;-)

> Is it safe to apply it ?
I do not know, I have never used it, but I can see no reason why it
wouldn't be.
> Do we need apply this on PDC , or can be applied on a secondary DC ?

You do not have a PDC, you just have a number of DCs, so you should be
able to install this on any of the DCs. In fact, provided the next
uidNumber & gidNumber is stored in AD, you should be able to install it
on all DCs.

Rowland