[Samba] wbinfo -r reports strange gids on AD member

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 22 08:49:39 UTC 2020

Goooood morning Guys,

..

Hai, yes, i do, i've read the thread.. And i dont see anything off here.

>>> So the problem is that one of the user's groups is missing, and instead
>>> 3001 is showing up... Other members of the group have their membership
>>> displayed correctly by the groups and wbinfo -r commands. Thanks,
Thism, this is just strange, Christian, did you already run and if not, can you run it and post the ouputs.  :

net cache flush
systemctl stop samba winbind
systemctl start samba winbind

id some_user
getent passwd some_user

Im not talking about the sshd_config part, other users work so that should be fine.
Only thing i can say it, I use this also. This is my complete config of sshd_config:

AcceptEnv LANG LC_*
AllowGroups win-allowed-ssh linux-allowed-ssh
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
GSSAPIAuthentication yes
GSSAPIKeyExchange yes
ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
PrintMotd no
Subsystem       sftp    /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
UsePAM yes
X11Forwarding yes

These are the groups and there names should tell you everything.  ;-).
win-allowed-ssh  # only contains windows users ( with assigned UID and "Domain users" as primary GID. )
linux-allowed-ssh # only contains admin users to maintain the linux systems.

So nothing fancy..
Let see first that a net cache flush does and the stop/start (! Dont restart .. )

Greetz,

Louis