[Samba] wbinfo -r reports strange gids on AD member

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 21 14:24:20 UTC 2020

On 21/01/2020 13:50, Christian via samba wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> on a unix domain member, I get
>
> root at member:~# wbinfo -r some_user
> 10513
> 10020
> 10018
> 10517
> 10206
> 10220
> 3001
>
> However, GID 3001 does not exist in our AD...

Well, no it wouldn't, it is being mapped with this:

idmap config * : range = 3000 - 7999

It is one of the Well Known Sids

>   On the other hand, GID
> 10559 (corresponding to some_group) appears to be missing from the list.
> Also, getent group some_group reports some_user as member. On other
> domain members, no issue, just two of them. This is debian buster with
> Louis's 4.10.11 packages.
This could be just down to the users not having logged in.
> The winbindd related parts of smb.conf are:
Please don't post what you think is relevant, post the entire smb.conf ;-)

>          winbind expand groups = 2
>          security = ADS
>          winbind enum users = yes
>          winbind enum groups = yes
>          winbind use default domain = yes
>          winbind nss info = ad
The 'winbind nss info' isn't used any more and it doesn't have a value
'ad'.
>          winbind refresh tickets = yes
>          kerberos method = system keytab
>          idmap config * : backend = tdb
>          idmap config * : range = 3000 - 7999
>          idmap config XXX:backend = ad
>          idmap config XXX:schema_mode = rfc2307
>          idmap config XXX:range = 10000 - 999999
>          idmap config XXX:unix_nss_info = yes
>          idmap config XXX:unix_primary_group = yes
>          username map = /etc/samba/user.map

What is in the 'user.map' ?

Rowland