[Samba] LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing?

A. James Lewis james at fsck.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 00:23:48 UTC 2020

I will admit that the last paragraph is confusing me slightly with the
comment about ldbsearch... , other than to say that, at the advice of
this list, I have kept my smb.conf as simple as possible, and "ldap ssl
ads" defaults to no....

I literally just use winbindd, and have only:-

workgroup = XYZ
security = ADS
realm = XYZ.DOMAIN.COM

~Some idmaps for different trusted domains using RID.

winbind use default domain = yes
winbind refresh tickets = yes
template shell = /bin/bash

So, from what I'm seeing in the smb.conf man page, the default values
should be good... and if badlock was in 2016, then anything 4.4.2 or
newer should be OK.... even tho RHEL7 has somewhat older versions, I
don't think it's that old....

Would you say that was a reasonable assessment?

James