[Samba] RPC time out

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 15 16:03:52 UTC 2020

OK, Is the Mint machine running Samba ?

If so can you post the smb.conf.

Now we come to the smb.conf you have posted, there are numerous default
lines, but there are also a couple of line you really should remove:

  password server = md-srv-02.mycompany.cad
  wins server = md-srv-02.mycompany.cad

You should allow Samba to find the 'password server' and you do not need
a wins server, AD uses DNS.

Then we come to this:

  winbind rpc only = yes

Why did you set this ?????????????

You are restricting winbind to rpc, I would remove the line and allow
winbind to use ldap as well.

Finally, we come to this:

  idmap config * : backend = tdb
  idmap config * : range = 10000-20000

Not enough lines :-(

It should be (if using the 'rid' backend):

  idmap config * : backend = tdb
  idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
  idmap config MYCOMPAN : backend = rid
  idmap config MYCOMPAN : range = 10000-20000

You can also use the 'ad' or 'autorid' backends instead, but it MUST be
in the format above.

Rowland