[Samba] RPC time out

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 15 08:11:06 UTC 2020

On 14/01/2020 23:24, Stephen Atkins via samba wrote:
> Hello evreyone.  I've been trying to diagnose why I can't mount a drive
> between my linux (Mint and Arch) box and my Windows Server using NFS.  I
> know I could use SMB but I'm a glutton for punishment.  Any way.  I created
> a virtual machine and I can do an rpcinfo -p server1 and it lists
> everything just fine.  But when I try from my host machine it times out.
> The host machine was joined to my AD using Samba/Winbind.  Since this is
> the only difference between the two linux machines, I'm wondering if
> Samba/Winbind might cause this?  If so any idea on how to fix it?
>
> Thanks.
> Stephen

Not from the info you have provided. You say that the 'host' machine was
joined using winbind, but which one is the 'host' machine ?

Can you be a bit more specific ? Which machine is which ? What versions
of Mint & Arch ? What versions of Samba ? If 'host' is joined to the
domain, is the other one joined as well ?

Can you also post any smb.conf files in use.

Rowland