[Samba] GPO

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jan 10 18:01:42 UTC 2020

On 10/01/2020 17:54, Sandy via samba wrote:
> Try answering the questions I asked you:
> -----> OK. sorry
>
>   How did you configure Samba when you built it ?
>
> -----> I explain to you, when I install samba4, I will be guided by what the site says, that is, install the necessary packages and then the commands samba-tool domain provision, etc., that is, guide me exactly as the site says.
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
>
> I feel sure this is a problem with the way you have built Samba, no one else has reported this problem and neither I or Louis can duplicate your problem.
>
> ------> The odd thing is that it was working fine, but when I updated before version 4.11.3 it was that the problem started.

No, you haven't explained anything:

You have compiled Samba yourself, so you must have run './configure' ,
did you just run that, or did you add anything else ?

There have been a lot of changes in the required packages to build
4.11.x, did you install all the required packages, or just the ones that
4.10.x required.

Rowland