[Samba] SCCM and other MS tools compatibility with Samba 4.x.x (Functional level 2008R2)

Luc Lalonde Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca
Fri Jan 10 15:51:09 UTC 2020

Hello Folks,

We're using Samba as AD servers along with Windows AD Servers (2008R2 FL).

We also use SCCM (Current Branch) that is dependent on AD for lab
deployments (Windows 10).

Currently, SCCM (current branch) supports 2008R2 FL, but for how long?
Samba does not support 2012R2, 2016, 2019 FL.

We'd like to remove the Windows Servers from our AD infrastructure, but
would also like to continue using SCCM.

Have others who use SCCM done this?

I would like to get other admins opinion on this matter...

Thank You!

--
Luc Lalonde, analyste
Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca