[Samba] authentication problem

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 10 10:19:44 UTC 2020

Hai,

Not sysprepping is asking for problems.. Your computer SIDs are now the same.
Always sysprep, im currently rolling out new w10 pc's atm
Read: https://thesolving.com/server-room/when-and-how-to-use-sysprep/

Tip, use this order to setup.
- start a new computer, setup , at the first page the w10 install stops and is asking questions.
 CTRL+SHIFT+F3, now it reboots and logs in as Administrator automaticly.
 Configure the computer, install the needed software, everything you need/want.
 ( NOTE, i only install/remove software, all other parts are done in GPO's. )
 Cleanup the crap from W10.
 runas Administrator Powershell:
 and run : Get-AppxPackage -allusers | where-object {$_.name ?notlike "*store*"} | Remove-AppxPackage
 the removed all crap apps, excludeing windows store ( adviced to keep that, can give problem to get it back )
 run sysprep.
- if you use fixed IP, first set the fixed IP, reboot
- Change PC name, reboot
- Add to domain, reboot
Done, resulting in , alway correct DNS entries. ;-)

Short version of how i setup my pc's.

Greetz

Louis

No, but what if you want to login..
The solution to this is very simple, create an group on AD and/or on linux, give it and GID (incase of AD group)
And add something like the lines below in sshd_config.

# Allow groups ( samba/windows groups GID is a must )
AllowGroups ssh-allow-from-ad localAdminGroup