[Samba] User names not replicating to secondary DC

durwin at mgtsciences.com durwin at mgtsciences.com
Thu Feb 27 17:20:51 UTC 2020

Resent as last did not show the other 2 attachments.

OS:  Linux dc0 4.15.0-88-generic #88-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 11 20:11:34 UTC
2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
OS:  Linux dc1 4.15.0-76-generic #86-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 17 17:24:28 UTC
2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Ubuntu18.04> samba --version
Version 4.7.6-Ubuntu

===
DC0 resolv.conf
Ubuntu18.04> less /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 172.23.93.25
nameserver 172.23.93.3
search msi.mydomain.com mydomain.com
===

DC1 resolv.conf
Ubuntu18.04> less /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 172.23.93.25
nameserver 172.23.93.3
search msi.mydomain.com mydomain.com
===

DC0 hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
172.23.93.25    dc0.msi.mydomain.com dc0

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
===

DC1 hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
172.23.93.25    dc0.msi.mydomain.com dc0
172.23.93.26    dc1.msi.mydomain.com dc1

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
===

Ub18.04> host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.msi.mydomain.com.
_ldap._tcp.msi.mydomain.com has SRV record 0 100 389 dc1.msi.mydomain.com.
_ldap._tcp.msi.mydomain.com has SRV record 0 100 389 dc0.msi.mydomain.com.
===

Anything else needed?

Thank you,

Durwin