[Samba] Samba AD - Different IP than the existing one assigned

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 27 13:04:20 UTC 2020

On 27/02/2020 12:39, Lionel Monchecourt via samba wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use samba as AD.
> everything seemed to be ok so far with the install and the config.
>
> STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections
> Feb 27 10:34:03 ip-1XX winbindd[22083]: [2020/02/27 10:34:03.002858,  0]
> ../lib/util/become_daemon.c:124(daemon_ready)
> Feb 27 10:34:03 ip-1XX winbindd[22083]:   STATUS=daemon 'winbindd' finished
> starting up and ready to serve connections

I think we need to see more of that log, particularly the lines above
'STATUS'

> Now, when I performed a check for the adc1, I get an answer BUT ,the IP is
> not the one of the machine
> I'm using the internal_samba DNS, I understood that when the service starts,
> it updates himself with proper IP. am I wrong ? how can I solve this problem

Where did you get that idea from ?

A DC should have a fixed IP and that is what Samba should use.

Do you have more than one ethernet device ?

What OS is this ?

What version of Samba ?

Can you post the contents of the following files:

/etc/resolv.conf

/etc/hostname

/etc/hosts

/etc/samba/smb.conf (or wherever smb.conf is on your DC)

Rowland