[Samba] samba AD directory and PHP

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Feb 27 10:51:22 UTC 2020

additional info:

I have a pfsense firewall already bound to the AD ... ;-)

and trying to mimic that setup for that other php app

I currently get messages like:

PHP Warning:  ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Strong(er)
authentication required in /var/www/html/ldaptest.php on line 22

which tells me that I have the crypto stuff wrong.

I assume I have to maybe edit /etc/ldap/ldap.conf in the docker
container? Add some cert or CA?

I show you the start of my test script ... ->

<?php

$ldap_password = 'pfXXXXXXmTxCBs';
$ldap_username = 'pfsense at arbeitsgruppe.customer.at';
$ldap_connection = ldap_connect("arbeitsgruppe.customer.at");

echo 'Debug message';

if (FALSE === $ldap_connection){
    // Uh-oh, something is wrong...
 echo 'Unable to connect to the ldap server';
}

// We have to set this option for the version of Active Directory we are
using.
ldap_set_option($ldap_connection, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3) or
die('Unable to set LDAP protocol version');
ldap_set_option($ldap_connection, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS, 0); // We need
this for doing an LDAP search.

if (TRUE === ldap_bind($ldap_connection, $ldap_username, $ldap_password)){

----- thx