[Samba] GPO redirected folders reg path issue

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Feb 20 15:14:03 UTC 2020

We are not much off. But you have mixed "samba/window" and "windows/windows" settings.
Samba/windows \\%logonserver%\home\%username%\desktop
Windows/windows \\hostname.fqdn.tld\users\%username%\desktop

Guess, which one i use.  ;-)

Now, do get where this is coming from.
So use this (add CNAME for you member server ), Note, you MUST setup PTR records.
\\ALIAS-CNAME.fqdn.tld\users\%username%\desktop

And offcourse this is not correct.
\\%logonserver%\home\%username%\desktop.

You "logon" server = the DC. Not the member.

So my advice, setup as suggested, and im sure you never see this again.

Greetz,

Louis