[Samba] Why are ForeignSecurityPrincipals and Managed Service Accounts empty with no entries?

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com
Tue Feb 18 13:51:06 UTC 2020

Resend.

________________________________
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:44 PM
To: L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl>; samba at lists.samba.org <samba at lists.samba.org>
Cc: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com>
Subject: Re: [Samba] Why are ForeignSecurityPrincipals and Managed Service Accounts empty with no entries?

Hi Louis,

My /etc/named.conf has the following line:

include "/usr/local/samba/bind-dns/named.conf";

My /usr/local/samba/bind-dns/named.conf has the following lines:

# This DNS configuration is for BIND 9.8.0 or later with dlz_dlopen support.
#
# This file should be included in your main BIND configuration file
#
# For example with
# include "/usr/local/samba/bind-dns/named.conf";

#
# This configures dynamically loadable zones (DLZ) from AD schema
# Uncomment only single database line, depending on your BIND version
#
dlz "AD DNS Zone" {
    # For BIND 9.8.x
    # database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9.so";

    # For BIND 9.9.x
    # database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9_9.so";

    # For BIND 9.10.x
    # database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9_10.so";

    # For BIND 9.11.x
     database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9_11.so";

    # For BIND 9.12.x
    # database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9_12.so";
};

I am using CentOS 8.1 as the AD DC and I didn't touch AppArmor at all.

I had SELinux disabled.