[Samba] Linux SMB Server: Put Multiple Devices into One Share?

Hal Vaughan hal at halblog.com
Thu Feb 13 21:45:16 UTC 2020

I haven’t used Samba for over a decade and, from what I remember, I don’t think this is possible.  Whenever I search for "two mount points" or "multiple mount points," I get hits for "multiple users," but not for mount points.

I have the following directories I want to share through Samba:

/share1/DVR
/share1/Audio

/share2/Video
/share2/Backups

/share1 is on /dev/sdb
/share2 is on /dev/sdc

Due to the amount of data on each one and the size of the devices, I can’t put all the shares on one device.

I want to have one mount point, media, and it would have:

/medium/DVR
/medium/Audio
/medium/Video
/medium/Backups

If I remember, from years ago, this is not possible and any use of "two" or "multiple" in any searches regarding Samba always give me hits about users, not shares.  (Or questions about how to mount shares on client machines.)

Is there any way I can combine directories on two separate volumes on a Debian Linux system into one mount point as an SMB share?

Hal