[Samba] Failover DC did not work when Main DC failed

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Thu Feb 13 17:28:03 UTC 2020

On 13/02/2020 17:08, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> I am not a dns expert, but shouldn't the reverse zone SOA have A records like the forward zone ?

Hello Rowland,

That's a good question, although as it's a reverse zone then I'm thinking they just have PTR records, which they do...

   Name=218, Records=1, Children=0
     PTR: DC3 (flags=f0, serial=54, ttl=900)
   Name=219, Records=1, Children=0
     PTR: DC4 (flags=f0, serial=55, ttl=900)

...but if there's anyone in this mailing list who can verify and compare with what they then that would be marvellous!

Paully