[Samba] Failover DC did not work when Main DC failed

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Feb 12 16:13:49 UTC 2020

El 12/2/20 a les 11:06, L.P.H. van Belle via samba ha escrit:
> What do you see/get when you run:
>
> dig NS $(hostname -d)
> With 2 dc's you should see 2 records.
>
> In the past this was a bug at samba joins so only 1 NS record existed.
> Worth to have a look at.
>
> And adding this to /etc/resolv.conf:
> options timeout:2
> options attempts:3
> options rotate

Instead of that, after a similar incident, I'm now using dnsmasq on
every host configured as such:

no-resolv
no-poll
no-hosts
interface=lo
no-dhcp-interface=lo
server=<address of 1st dc>
server=<address of 2nd dc>

as well as the command line option "--all-servers" (set in in either
/etc/sysconfig/dnsmasq for my mageia VMs or /etc/default/dnsmasq for my
debian/ubuntu VMs).

I'm not sure it cures every problem but at least name resolution is fast.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007