[Samba] Incorrect group name is displayed in folder permission list in Windows

Mason Schmitt mason at ftlcomputing.com
Wed Feb 12 13:28:33 UTC 2020

> OK, the only real problem that I can see is that you have:
>
> ea support = no
>
> This turns off the required EA.

Hmmm....  I thought this had resolved the issue, because the group names
did update in the ACLs.  However, I changed another group name about 20
minutes ago and it still hasn't updated in its associated ACL.  I thought
perhaps there was some lazy update or something, which would explain why
the others cleared up, but so far that doesn't appear to be the case with
my current example.

If turning this back on again doesn't fix the problem, check the ACL
> with samba-tool:
>
> samba-tool ntacl get <file> --as-sddl

Unfortunately, samba-tool is not available from the CentOS samba 4
package.  Perhaps getfacl will suffice?

getfacl returns this group name  group:NAME\134fs1-top-recycle_bin-write:rwx
It should be this group name
 group:NAME\134fs1-top-recycle_bin-modify:rwx

The following is the full output of getfacl

# file: srv/samba/Shares/Top/Recycle_Bin/
# owner: NAME\134admin
# group: NAME\134domain\040users
user::rwx
user:NAME\134admin:rwx
user:2001120:rwx
user:2001121:r-x
user:2001207:rwx
user:2001264:rwx
user:2001271:rwx
group::---
group:NAME\134domain\040users:---
group:NAME\134fs1-shares-full:rwx
group:NAME\134fs1-shares-rx:r-x
group:NAME\134fs1-top-modify:rwx
group:NAME\134fs1-top-rx:rwx
group:NAME\134fs1-top-recycle_bin-write:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:NAME\134admin:rwx
default:user:2001120:rwx
default:user:2001121:r-x
default:user:2001207:rwx
default:user:2001264:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:NAME\134domain\040users:---
default:group:NAME\134fs1-shares-full:rwx
default:group:NAME\134fs1-shares-rx:r-x
default:group:NAME\134fs1-top-modify:rwx
default:group:NAME\134fs1-top-rx:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---