[Samba] FW: samba_kcc issue after joining the domain as a DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 12 11:58:29 UTC 2020

On 12/02/2020 11:43, Alex wrote:
> You're right. NetworkManager changed things back. Fixed now and no more TSIG
> errors. Thank you!.
>
> PS It appeared that Samba didn't have dns service enabled in smb.conf
> by default for SAMBA_INTERNAL backend. Is there a reason for that?
Did it have a 'server services' line in smb.conf, if it didn't, then all
the various services are enabled by default. If it did have a 'server
services' line and 'dns' isn't there, then this usually only happens
when '--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ' is provided on the samba-tool command.

> PPS It would be great to add the requirement of a time server to the
> Samba AD DC wiki.

Sigh, it is mentioned on the provision page, but not on the join page, I
will fix this. Thanks for pointing this out ;-)

Rowland