[Samba] FW: samba_kcc issue after joining the domain as a DC

Alex samba at abisoft.biz
Wed Feb 12 09:24:22 UTC 2020

>>> I have three zones, one being the reverse zone, but my domain zone is this:
>>>     pszZoneName        : samdom.example.com
>>>     Flags                       : DNS_RPC_ZONE_DSINTEGRATED
>>> DNS_RPC_ZONE_UPDATE_SECURE
>>>     ZoneType                : DNS_ZONE_TYPE_PRIMARY
>>>     Version                    : 50
>>>     dwDpFlags               : DNS_DP_AUTOCREATED DNS_DP_DOMAIN_DEFAULT
>>> DNS_DP_ENLISTED
>>>     pszDpFqdn               : DomainDnsZones.samdom.example.com
>>> Notice the difference in the last line.
>> I see the difference. I guess it's b/c you didn't upgrade the zone to
>> forest-wide. Should I revert my zones to be domain-wide?
>>
> Alex, mine is correct, yours is wrong.

Rowland,  I really appreciate your help and you're probably right. But could you
please  shed  some  light  on why yours is correct (or why mine is not)? At this
moment, my AD is fully functional, no issues at all.

In my humble opinion, this looks more like a bug in Samba joining procedure, b/c
it should work well the existing AD configuration. However, it doesn't.

> I could probably dump a list of dns DN's if needed.

Yes, please do.

--
Best regards,
Alex Alex