[Samba] FW: samba_kcc issue after joining the domain as a DC

Alex samba at abisoft.biz
Tue Feb 11 16:29:19 UTC 2020

Rowland,

After some debugging, I was able to find the source of this error:
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9003, 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_RCODE_NAME_ERROR')

It's  thrown  during the join b/c Samba is trying to find the DNS record for the
new   DC   (the  Samba)  inside  DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=com  instead  of
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=com.

Do you have any ideas why and how to deal with that?

After upgrading to forest-wide zone, DomainDnsZones context contains only
RootDSE entries.

--
Best regards,
Alex Alex