[Samba] samba_kcc issue after joining the domain as a DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 10 13:26:16 UTC 2020

On 10/02/2020 12:36, Alex via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm  trying  to  promote samba4 as a 3rd DC in Windows 2008 R2 AD domain (to get
> rid  of  Windows  Servers in future). It's joined well, but failing on samba_kcc
> run (it's happened when I launched samba after joining the domain, so for
> debugging purposes I then started samba_kcc manually):
> # /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_kcc
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/samba/kcc/kcc_utils.py", line 87, in load_nc

Hmm, 'lib64', is this on Fedora ?

If so, are you using the Fedora Samba packages ?

If so, then are you aware that using MIT kerberos with a Samba AD DC is
experimental and shouldn't be used in production.

If non of the above applies, can you provide more info, what OS, What
Samba packages ? etc

Rowland