[Samba] smbd fails to start after upgrade to version 4.11.6

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 5 11:06:43 UTC 2020

Hai Roy,

I had a good look and most look ok, not much exiting going on but still a few points.

>From teh logs.

Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b ifup[303]: ifup: couldn't open interfaces file "/etc/network/interfaces": No such file or directory
So re-create the file with the folling content, : /etc/network/interfaces   And add :

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

( these are only the defaults )..

Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b systemd-udevd[157]: Process '/usr/sbin/th-cmd --socket /var/run/thd.socket --passfd --udev' failed with exit code 1.
- Possible fix(es) read :  https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=220315

systemd[1]: Listening on Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack Activation Socket.
- So make sure nsswitch.conf the mDNS part is at the end of the line.

Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b systemd-networkd[155]: eth0: Gained carrier
Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b systemd-networkd[155]: eth0: Configured
Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b systemd-networkd-wait-online[181]: ignoring: lo
- Ok, to network configures ok. And i notice
Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b systemd-udevd[178]: link_config: autonegotiation is unset or enabled, the speed and duplex are not writable.
- Setting it might speed up the boot process a bit but as shown network works fine.

Failed to open /etc/resolv.conf: Invalid argument  ( typo somewhere? )
Check the content.

Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b avahi-daemon[340]: Failed to open /etc/resolv.conf: Invalid argument
Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b avahi-daemon[340]: socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol
Need something, i dont know but reduce the resolv.conf to
search some.dom.tld
nameserver ip_ad_dc1
nameserver ip_ad_dc2
nameserver ip_internet_DNS

Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b rpc.svcgssd[320]: unable to obtain root (machine) credentials
Feb  5 08:41:48 pi4b rpc.svcgssd[320]: do you have a keytab entry for nfs/<your.host>@<YOUR.REALM> in /etc/krb5.keytab?
Your missing the nfs SPNs in the keytab file but, i dont know if you use it.

So above point are or might not  problem related, but i would fix them.
Why i like clean server boots without errors, it just helps..

I see HEVC support in the Pi4 thats nice, anyone running kodi on raspbian, if so.. :-)
I would like to know the experiance with it.
If its good, i'll get myself a pi4 also, since i need to replace my old player with ani915GMA GPU .
:-)

Greetz,

Louis