[Samba] smbd fails to start after upgrade to version 4.11.6

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 5 10:33:46 UTC 2020

> I didn't bother checking, I can cause the panic just by editing
> smb.conf, adding the two lines in question and then
> restarting Samba. I
> do this over SSH, so presumably the network is up on eth0 ;-)

Ah, ok, so we clearly have bug in samba???
But i dont see this one on Debian Buster (amd64)..
I just checked one of my production servers and it work fine..

Rowland, can you check the pi with the Debian Buster armhf packages?
Or Dirk, can you test this on Debian Buster.

Its only about these 2 lines.

    interfaces = lo eth0
    bind interfaces only = yes

( if needed correct eth0 to your interface name )

I want to know if this is only on Raspbian buster or also on Debian Buster armhf .

Greetz,

Louis