[Samba] Problem after join samba 4.11 into windows-domain

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Tue Feb 4 10:30:30 UTC 2020

We joined a samba 4.11 DC (sernet-packages) into a windows domain  with
round about 170.000 objects. After "commiting SAM database" has finished
after 21 hours we now have a database-file but if we try to list the
content with "ldbsearch --url=/var/lib/samba/privat/sam.ldb" we get the
following error:

-------------------------
ldbsearch --url=/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
Unable to determine the DomainSID, can not enforce uniqueness constraint
on local domainSIDs

dsdb_schema_from_db() failed: 32:No such object: dsdb_schema: failed to
search attributeSchema and classSchema objects: No such Base DN:
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=de
dsdb_get_schema: refresh_fn() failed
schema_load_init: dsdb_get_schema failed
module schema_load initialization failed : Operations error
module dsdb_notification initialization failed : Operations error
module rootdse initialization failed : Operations error
module samba_dsdb initialization failed : Operations error
Unable to load modules for /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb:
schema_load_init: dsdb_get_schema failed
Failed to connect to /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb - schema_load_init:
dsdb_get_schema failed

All the DNS-databases are empty

dc1:/var/lib/samba/private#  ldbsearch
--url='sam.ldb.d/DC%3DDOMAINDNSZONES%2CDC%3DEXAMPLE%2CDC%3DDE.ldb'
# returned 0 records
# 0 entries
# 0 referrals

Any hint what went wrong?