[Samba] impot/export user

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Dec 30 09:25:27 UTC 2020

On 30/12/2020 06:18, sam zand wrote:
> Tanks Rowland
> I have installed the samba DC  version 4.12.13 and smb.conf file is:

I take it that you haven't read this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Using_the_Domain_Controller_as_a_File_Server

and this:

I have removed all the lines you shouldn't have in your smb.conf:

[global]
dns forwarder = 127.0.0.1
netbios name = LOCALHOST
realm = TEST.COM
workgroup = TEST
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[sysvol]
read only = No

[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/test.com/scripts
read only = No

[SH1]
path = /TEST/DS-1
read only = No

[SH2]
path = /TEST/DS-1
read only = No

[SH3]
path = /TEST/DS-1
read only = No

There are still two problems, you cannot forward to itself (127.0.0.1),
you must forward to an external dns server such as Googles (8.8.8.8).
You cannot use 'localhost' as the DC's hostname, that is reserved for
the loop back device.

Having got that out of the way, how was Samba running on the 4.9.8 device ?

If it was as an NT4-style PDC, you can upgrade that using the
classicupgrade tool:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)

If not, please explain what you are upgrading from.

Rowland