[Samba] second dc not working properly

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Dec 29 11:35:25 UTC 2020

Hi Rowland,

On 12/28/20 2:56 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> Probably not, but you do not need them and they can slow things down,
> didn't Sernet tell you this ?
No.

>>> Yes, I can.
>> Interesting.
> I can turn a DC off and my Unix domain members do not notice. I should
> also mention that I never reboot my DC's or restart Samba unless I have to.
Understood. The fact that we reboot has to do with the way we make
backups (consistant copy of the disk image) of the DC VMs and has
nothing with samba itself.

> The problem is, whilst I understand that some users have the problem you
> are having, I cannot recreate it in my domain and as I cannot recreate
> the problem, I cannot attempt to find the cause 🙁
Completely understood. :-)

The problem is also that does not happen consistently. Last two nights,
for example, the domain members did not notice the DCs rebooting.

I was just "me too"-ing, trying to keep this thread alive, since we also
see what the OP writes about.

MJ