[Samba] second dc not working properly

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon Dec 28 13:43:48 UTC 2020

Hi Rowland,

On 12/28/20 12:49 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> (I run a script on the member server that verifies the existance of
>> our AD groups using "getent group")
> But then again 'getent group' (without a specific group) shouldn't work
> because you shouldn't have the 'winbind enum' lines in a production Unix
> domain member smb.conf

We have set:
winbind enum users  = yes
winbind enum groups = yes

I could turn it off, but I don't think it's related the this issue, do
you..?

>> Curious if everybody here can actually reboot their DCs (or stop samba
>> on them) without any consequence on their domain member servers?
> Yes, I can.
Interesting.

>> We have three DCs, no problems between them, they have recently been
>> examined by sernet with basically no remarks. The DCs run 4.12.8
>> sernet, and the domain member server is still on 4.10.18. (yes, we
>> will upgrade that soon)
>
> Well if Sernet cannot find anything wrong (unless they only gave them a
> cursory glance), then there shouldn't be anything wrong, quite a few of
> the Samba team work there 😁
Yes, I think they took a good look, to solve replication isues we were
having for two specific DNs, a month or two ago. (other than that, these
DCs have been running rock-solid for a couple of years)

MJ