[Samba] [Solved] Users can't mount shares on a domain member file server

MAS Jean-Louis jean-louis.mas at imag.fr
Tue Dec 22 15:34:06 UTC 2020

Le 21/12/2020 à 17:26, MAS Jean-Louis via samba a écrit :

>>> kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_gensec_bind(KRB5) failed for
>>> ldap/our-ad.example.com with user[OUR-FILESERVER$]
>>> realm[EXAMPLE.COM]: An invalid parameter was passed to a service or
>>> function.
>>> kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_gensec_bind(KRB5) failed for
>>> ldap/our-ad.example.com with user[OUR-FILESERVER$]
>>> realm[EXAMPLE.COM]: An invalid parameter was passed to a service or
>>> function.
>>> Join to domain is not valid: An invalid parameter was passed to a
>>> service or function.

> This point is not solved yet, although it's not quite important, as
> Samba run fine. Just a bit of curiosity, in fact.

Hi,

I solved this one also. I was using a convenient alias for our DC with
the 'net ads' command

Using the real FQDN of the DC with the 'net ads testjoin' command' is
much better.

# net ads testjoin -S our-smb4-ad.example.com
Join is OK

Regards

--
Jean Louis Mas