[Samba] More on recycle problem

L A Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Sun Dec 20 18:20:33 UTC 2020

On 2020/12/19 09:14, Anders Östling via samba wrote:
> The weird thing is that all XLS files are 165 bytes in size, DOC files 162 bytes and PDF’s mostly 0 (as per my earlier post).

when a prog creates a tmp file then deletes it with a newer version,
you can end up with many small+partial bits.

I wouldn't worry about it, though, you could look in the server dir
corresponding to those files and see if the same files are
present (likely), in which case, the app probably tried creating
these small files, then deleted these small ones, and
renamed the real one to the final name.

(Just from my own experience)...