[Samba] configure roaming profile

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Dec 20 08:08:44 UTC 2020

On 20/12/2020 07:28, Pol Hallen via samba wrote:
> Hi folks :-)
>
> Using samba4.9.5 standalone I created several users and password as
> windows machines
Do you mean  that you are running Samba as a standalone server with
'security = user' ?

> Now I modify profile of users inserting \\srv1\home on windows account
> (I'd like using roaming profile) but there're some problems:
Because if you are, you cannot use roaming profiles, for this, your
machine needs to be a Unix domain member.

It might help if you posted your entire smb.conf file, rather than a
snippet (which appears to have nothing to do with profiles).

Rowland