[Samba] Users can't mount shares on a domain member file server

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Dec 16 16:17:49 UTC 2020

On 16/12/2020 15:58, MAS Jean-Louis via samba wrote:
> Le 15/12/2020 à 18:29, Rowland penny via samba a écrit :
>
> Thanks a lot for your advices
>
> We changed our conf files /etc/nsswitch.conf and smb.conf (see below)
>
> Now our Linux users can't connect as their gid and $HOME are totally
> wrong, they seems to be generated by winbind in the 400000 range.

You are getting ID's in the 400000 range because that is what you have
set in the '*' domain and as you are getting number such as '400002',
then 'jlmas' does not have a uidNumber attribute containing a number
inside the '500-400000' range or Domain Users does not have a gidNumber
attribute containing a number inside the same range, or to put it
another way:

Have you manually added uidNumber and gidNumber attributes to your users
& groups in AD ?

Rowland