[Samba] Getent doesn't show AD users/groups

Paul Paku paku_ at outlook.com
Tue Dec 15 19:26:47 UTC 2020

Have a closer look at nsswitch config:

>> passwd: compat winbind
>> group: compat winbind

What about
passwd: files winbind compat
group: files winbind compat

Test your DNS confg:
Linux and Unix DNS Configuration - SambaWiki<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Linux_and_Unix_DNS_Configuration>

In short words:

  1.  Integral DNS server on ADC as only used DNS server (All samba stuff pointed to that server as first DNS server)
  2.  Add DNS forwarder on ADC config so it will no how to reach world addresses.
  3.  ADC Firewall open at port 53 and (much more ports for its other services)
  4.  Make nslookup tests for all involved addresses including strangle like _ldap._tpc.domain.com

And finally your krb5.config is much to  long
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = XXX.YYY.COM
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

works for me.

“kinit administrator” has to work before any other commands as it uses poor krb5 authorization.

Paku,
Samba4 newbie ...