[Samba] Getent doesn't show AD users/groups

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Dec 15 19:24:45 UTC 2020

On 15/12/2020 19:10, Alex Orlov via samba wrote:
>> Have you provisioned a new domain using the 'headoffice.example.com' dns
>> domain ?
>
> Yes, I deleted /var/lib/samba and after that run  samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive

In which case, it would seem you are testing Samba, so stop everything,
upgrade your distro to Debian 10 and then use Samba from Louis's repo;

http://apt.van-belle.nl/

This will get everything up to date, Samba 4.2.14 is just too old, the
latest version is 4.13.3 (released today)

Once you have done that, provision Samba again

> And please, do "reply to all" that I receive message not only from list, as I could answer you quickly.

Sorry, but this is not going to happen, I only reply to list.

Rowland