[Samba] How to get AD GUID?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Dec 14 18:10:54 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-12-14 at 20:04 +0300, Alex Orlov via samba wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to make samb4 ad dc to work with dnsmasq. As samba4
> doesn’t support this dns server,
> I want to add all dns rules manually to dnsmasq configuration.
>
> I found this script   https://edoceo.com/pub/samba4-dnsmasq-update.sh
>  that generates these rules,
> however, to use it I need some ADGUID. Could anyone say, how I can
> get it — after installing samba
> I have only domain sid.

Please don't do that.

Samba is only supported when using our internal DNS server or
BIND9_DLZ, it is not supported when attempting to host our records
externally.

In particular, when Samba joins as a new DC it strictly requires that
it can find the DNS records created over DCE/RPC and LDAP and expects
those to be in the DNS server at the end of the join.

Please just delegate the Samba domain back to the Samba DC, or point
clients at the Samba DC first, forwarding on to dnsmasq.

Andrew Bartlett