[Samba] rights -- structures

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 14 14:45:39 UTC 2020

On 14/12/2020 14:22, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
> root at srvcar005:/shares/Userhome# cat /etc/passwd | grep smbadmin
> root at srvcar005:/shares/Userhome# cat /etc/group | grep smbadmin
So 'smbadmin' isn't a local Unix user or group, so where did you create
it and how. Normally a group can only be a user on a Samba AD DC, this
should never happen on a Unix domain member (what you are calling a
fileserver)
> local don't exist, this are only a AD Member....
>
> Please how I can do, the permission so that only Maurizio can Access to
> Folder Maurizio
> Please how I can do, the permission so that only Lukas can Access to Folder
> Lukas
>
> And not that everyone can open ever folder
You need to use (at a minimum) 0700 permissions, though it would
probably be better to set the permissions from a Windows machine.

> I try also
> # setfacl -m u:mauriziocaloro:rwx "Maurizio Caloro"/
> # setfacl -m u:lukaschristen:rwx "Lukas Christen"/
That is unlikely to work on its own.

Rowland