[Samba] (auth in progress)

Budi Janto budijanto at studiokaraoke.co.id
Mon Dec 14 13:56:09 UTC 2020

Halo,

I get some weird problem in last night. I use FreeBSD 12.2-STABLE amd64
as file server with Samba413-4.13.1_1 and client using Windows 10 64-bit.

I use Windows Explorer from Windows 10 to browsing share samba directory
without any problem (Play video - with guest login and no password
method). So I tried to use VB6 application to mounting share directory
(Share video & play inside application). The error dialog box message
showing "Can't not find path file, or file removed bla..bla..bla".

I did login to file server and check with smbstatus command, I saw a lot
of "(auth in progress)" lines. However, if the VB6 application is
running on Windows 7 there is no problem.

# testparm -v | grep protocol
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Loaded services file OK.
Weak crypto is allowed
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

	client ipc max protocol = default
	client ipc min protocol = default
	client max protocol = default
	client min protocol = SMB2_02
	server max protocol = SMB3
	server min protocol = SMB2_02

My Questions is how to enable SMB311 in my smb.conf? Because as far I
know that Windows 10 using SMB311.

Also, I try to modifying "Enable insecure guest logons" to enabled in
Windows 10, but problem still persist. Would you give some suggestion to
resolving this problem? Thanks.

--
Regards,

Budi Janto