[Samba] rights -- structures

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 14 13:37:32 UTC 2020

On 14/12/2020 13:20, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
> Ok now after login with Account MaurizioCaloro.... why I can open also the
> Folder "Lukas Christen"
> 	drwxr-xr-x 2 lukaschristen  smbadmin     4096 Dec 14 14:12 'Lukas
> Christen'
> 	drwxr-xr-x 2 mauriziocaloro smbadmin     4096 Dec 14 14:16 'Maurizio
> Caloro'

The users have full control on their own directory, the group 'smbadmin'
(by the way, what is wrong with 'Domain Users' ?) has read and enter
permissions on the directory and so does everyone else (I suggest you
change that). Even if you do stop 'others' having read and enter
permissions on the share, if both users are members of 'smbadmin', then
they will be able to enter each others directory.

Rowland