[Samba] AD - "Target Account Name is Incorrect" on share access and other permissions problems.

Paul Paku paku_ at outlook.com
Sun Dec 13 15:54:08 UTC 2020

First of all I would like to say Hello to all of you as it’s my first post here!

… but:

I have a problem running 4.12.3 AD Member (Debian) connected to 4.13.2 self-build ADC on Centos 8.2 (sssd not running)
The problem is I’m getting a number of various “permissions” like problems with it.
AD join seems to work ok, tests seem to pass,  SeDiskOperatorPrivilege set to both user and group ..
and still cant even list shares using AD logged-in W10 station ... getting "Target Account Name is Incorrect"
Can not even access “Security” tab – permission warning here as well.

Any idea … ??

Paku.