[Samba] listing shares programmatically

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 21:28:44 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:27 PM Emmanuel Florac via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it's probably somewhat off-topic, but I need to automate mounting
> shares which are dynamically created on a samba server. I can use
> "smbclient -L <server>" to grab that list, however its output isn't
> easily parseable.

However you get the list, can I encourage you to use something like
"autofs" to pipe the names of the shares and their mountpoints into a
configuration that makes them automatically available and unmounts
them gracefully when no one is using them?