[Samba] Permission issue with home directory and groups with deny access

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Dec 12 18:22:27 UTC 2020

On 12/12/2020 17:48, doomas at gmx.ch wrote:

> I don't know. The numbers match however with getent output:
>
> #getent group
> share_schueler_rw:x:11224:
> nxc_grp_benutzer:x:11161:
> nxc_grp_schueler:x:11162:
> share_benutzer_d:x:11226:
> share_benutzer_r:x:11227:
> share_config_rwx:x:11213:
> share_klassen_rw:x:11234:
> share_lehrer_rwx:x:11181:
> share_schueler_d:x:11222:
> share_schueler_r:x:11223:

Ah, I see the problem now, somehow you seem to have added the groups as
users, now on Windows this wouldn't be a problem because Windows allows
groups to own things, but Unix normally doesn't. I say normally because
a Samba AD DC does allow groups to own things (just as long as you do
not add a gidNumber to the group). I would revisit the point where you
added the groups to the share (Actually, why did you add the groups?)
and ensure that they are added as groups and not users.

Rowland