[Samba] Error Joining Domain (was placing sam.ldb (was dns.keytab doesn't exist))

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Sat Dec 12 01:29:33 UTC 2020

Okay. re-provisioned, being sure to select bind9_dlz as the back end,
and everything seems okay, until I try to join the domain with another
linux server. I used samba-tool computer create jupiter, and it said the
account was configured. But when I run net join on jupiter, it fails:

  # net join -U Administrator%%<password>
Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'HOME' over
rpc: The attempted logon is invalid. This is either due to a bad
username or authentication information.
ADS join did not work, falling back to RPC...
smb_krb5_init_context_common: Krb5 context initialization failed
(Included profile file could not be read)
smb_krb5_init_context_common: Krb5 context initialization failed
(Included profile file could not be read)
smb_krb5_init_context_common: Krb5 context initialization failed
(Included profile file could not be read)
Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'HOME' over
rpc: The attempted logon is invalid. This is either due to a bad
username or authentication information.

Did I miss something? Or what is going wrong?

--

Dan Egli
 From my Test Server