[Samba] Compile for Elasticsearch

Mark Kushigian mark at kushigian.com
Fri Dec 11 22:40:59 UTC 2020

I’m using FreeBSD 12.2 but I think the OS is irrelevant to this question.

Basic premise is that I want to enable Spotlight search of my file server
for macOS client computers. I’ve read all the docs I can find but I’m still
left with a fundamental question:

Is it necessary to compile Samba in a particular way to enable
Elasticsearch support?

There is the build option --enable-spotlight but that SEEMS to try to pull
in Tracker stuff, not Elasticsearch. So I wonder, should that option even
be specified when building? Is there a different one for Elasticsearch? Or
specify nothing at all?

Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I’m a noob!

Mark