[Samba] ODP: ODP: Setting up new AD on (k)ubuntu 20.04

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Dec 8 11:31:23 UTC 2020

Hai,

Small addition.
If i can make the time next year, i'll try to support the debian
maintainers so samba gets more love there.
Mathieu is doing a great job but as far i can tell he is the only one maintaining it.
I wanted that this year already but its crazy buzy at my side atm.

Now i just had a small look at latest changes on Debian Official version.

https://salsa.debian.org/samba-team/samba/-/blob/master/debian/changelog

My current version of 4.13.2 is almost the same as current in testing.
The main difference is the spotlight support at the moment.
I have enabled full spotlight support, Debian's only support with ES backend.

And i see the winbind logrotated which is not in mine (yet). ;-)

But beside thats its same, because i use Debian's changes as base.

Greetz,

Louis