[Samba] CIFS share hangs on Debian

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Fri Dec 4 13:13:43 UTC 2020

Dale Harris via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> writes:
> The Debian 10 systems see the same reconnection and "Free previous
> auth_key.response" messages but don't see the "Close unmatched open"
> messages.

The "Free previous" msg is harmless, there's a commit to only show it on
increased debug levels that can be backported.

The "Close unmatched open" is potentially more problematic but it
depends on your kernel version and what did Debian backported on top of
it.

I would suggest trying a more recent kernel see if it still happens.

> I'm seeing some suggestions these issues are related to some potential
> kernel bugs, but I'm not seeing any specific fixes for Debian, so perhaps I
> should be inquiring via Debian channels, but I was wondering if anything
> for certain?

For cifs.ko questions the kernel mailing list is a better place. See

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Bug_Reporting#cifs.ko

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3