[Samba] Password question

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Thu Dec 3 10:32:28 UTC 2020

I was in the final stages of setting up my Samba AD DC when I realized
I'd forgotten the password I assigned to the test user I setup. So I
looked at samba-tool to figure out how to change it. And I see TWO
password commands. I see samba-tool user password and user setpassword.
The help messages says password is for the authentication password.
Okay, so what's setpassword? And which would I use to test winbind
authentication against the DC?  i.e. login to box2, box2 polls winbind,
winbind polls box1 (AD DC) which replies with a yes or no for successful
login.

Thanks!

--
Dan Egli