[Samba] Strange logs: check_usershare_stat: file /var/lib/samba/usershares/ owned by uid 0 is not a regular file

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:11:26 UTC 2020

> OK, will do, I have found a VM running 4.12.9 on Debian 10, changed the profile path in my AD object to point to it and logged into
> Win10 and the log lines appeared in syslog, so it is reproducible. Just need to compile Samba with your patch now.
>
> Rowland
Hi Rowland,

Seems that your experience is slightly different to mine - I have no clients with the profile path specified, I can't reproduce the original logs and they haven't re-occurred since.   Have looked for any cron jobs or windows tasks which might explain what triggered the logs but can't find anything.

Regards,
Roy