[Samba] Network rebuild advice needed

Peter Pollock peter.pollock at kingschristian.org
Mon Aug 31 01:49:32 UTC 2020

Rowland, Thank you for this. Reading through that and checking my server.
it looks like at least that part is configured correctly. We a started with
a Microsoft W2008 DC and have always been at 2k8 domain level. I cannot
remember now what versions of everything we started with but it was 4 years
ago and I think we were on Zentyal 4.something but I have no idea about the
Samba version.

Starting again might just be my project this week and next weekend. If I
can build a completely new domain on a seperate subnet on a ProxMox box,
then next weekend I can wipe the current servers, join them to the new
domain and copy across all the user data. It will be a pig and I'll be left
with some stupid file permission issues (need to work out how to do that,
copying their home folders and roaming profiles from one domain to the
other without screwing up permissions) but with my level of expertise
(miniscule compared to yours), it might just be easier to do that than
fight with Zentyal.